Monday 7 October 2013

Just discovered FanartReview - do you know it?

I'm having a blast with FanartReview. Basically, it's like Deviantart, but less complicated and should I say, a little more refined.   You set up a profile and then begin downloading your artwork.  They only let you load 2 works in each 24 hour time slot.  Which is great because they don't want things to get saturated by one artist (you know who you are).  I've loaded about 17 of my pugs over the past 20 days and they've been really well received.  I think it's because most of the stuff on there is either completely digital art or really professional stuff done with real paint and canvas.  My stuff is a bit of a break from the norm, to say the least.  I've been posting things like this:





Do you think they'll notice that these aren't exactly fine art?  hahhaa

The whole idea with FanartReview is that you earn points by reviewing other people's work and commenting/rating it.  You also earn when people review yours.  As your member money adds up, you can buy banners and certificates and things to promote your own art up through the ranks.  Each evening the ranks are totaled and updated.  Each night they make a notation showing how many spots you've moved up.  At the end of the year, there are awards.  There are trophies and cash prizes.  It's a ton of fun.

By the way, I've been meaning to tell you that you can also now find me on Pinterest, Facebook, FanartReview and DeviantArt.   Just search The Pug's Pajamas and something should come up.  Gotta love google.

No comments:

Post a Comment