Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Pug's Pajamas - Art inspired by Cricket and Wendel since 2007

Welcome to my blog.  You might wonder what "art inspired by Cricket and Wendel since 2007" means.  Cricket is my little female pug.  She 's 6, functioning at a 1 - 2 year old level.  She's a runt - that is, she has topped out at 16 full pounds when a standard female pug is between 22 and 26.  She's lightning quick and is never without copious amounts of energy.  The best way to describe her personality is to say that she's a cat.  She is aloof, lives life on her terms, requires very little attention and picks and chooses with whom she will be affectionate.  Even then, the affection is very short-lived.  She is hilarious, she is loveable she is as fugly as they come with her perma-scowl, but OH MY GOD is she special.

Then, there's Wendel, Cricket's brother.  He is 5.  He is the polar opposite of Cricket.  Firstly, he's portly.  No, he's chubby.  No he's fat, topping the scales at a whopping 36 pounds.  He is 1000% attached to his person, will soak up every ounce of affection you can offer and beg for more.  He loves massages.  He does not move very fast.  He will get the odd "spurt on", but then it's off to bed for the afternoon.  He loves his TV shows and sleeps, full frontal nudity, on his back, always.  I love his precious butt with all my heart.

The antics these two get up to inspire my art.  I find myself spending many an afternoon doodling them while they play.  The stream of inspiration is endless when it comes to my pugs.  So much so, that I MUST create.  Therefore, the reason this blog exists.  I must also talk about them and pass on the cool things I've come to know and learn about pugs.  I hope you'll stay tuned as I explore the world of everything pug through stories, art and events.  I laso hope you'll share yours, particularly if you're in Canada.  My intention is to post at least weekly, perhaps on Sunday nights.

Here's a sample of some of the silliness I call my art.   Garth is wearing the green hat.  You can see my whole portfolio at www.Fanartreview.com  Just search my name -  PJPug.

Garth




No comments:

Post a Comment